Follow @nxtchg

Author Topic: NxtChg are you still alive?  (Read 26032 times)

snowdropfore

• Minion
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Re: NxtChg are you still alive?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2015, 02:51:39 pm »
simcoin, how time flies, almost one year past. still keep an eye on it

NxtChg

• Overlord
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2015, 03:47:27 pm »
Got an unlimited connection finally, although it's wi-fi plus radio-link, so we'll see how stable/fast it is.

But hopefully will be online more often.
Tentacle Overlord, The Deranged Genius of The Abyss

alope

• Minion
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2015, 02:32:32 pm »
The hope can get update information. So, I still want to keep looking. 8)

NxtChg

• Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2015, 04:56:06 pm »
Don't know if you, guys, want to hear any more excuses instead of updates or is it better if we all just pretend that I am in a coma :)

I am still settling in the new apartment and things are moving slowly. For example, I still don't have a desk or a proper chair (starting to regret picking a small town... Damn hard to find anything!)

Also right now I focus mostly on improving my health and undoing a year's worth of damage. Without health nothing else really matters.
Before I start a new working marathon I'd like to be able to work productively for 10 straight hours again.

It drives me mad that so little gets done, but I see no other way. Life is not a happy place... :(

A little solace is that all the other 3rd gen coins seem like a dead town too...

gs02xzz

• Jr. Minion
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2015, 07:37:50 pm »
No worries. Do what is the best for your health and enjoy your days and life. 8)

kjadb

• Minion
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2015, 07:24:43 am »
Don't know if you, guys, want to hear any more excuses instead of updates or is it better if we all just pretend that I am in a coma :)

I am still settling in the new apartment and things are moving slowly. For example, I still don't have a desk or a proper chair (starting to regret picking a small town... Damn hard to find anything!)

Also right now I focus mostly on improving my health and undoing a year's worth of damage. Without health nothing else really matters.
Before I start a new working marathon I'd like to be able to work productively for 10 straight hours again.

It drives me mad that so little gets done, but I see no other way. Life is not a happy place... :(

A little solace is that all the other 3rd gen coins seem like a dead town too...

Any news man? I hope your health is better! It would be good to get some news on how things are going, nothing too complicated, just something to keep the faithful engaged.

Also, is there a private forum here or inner sanctum where things are being discussed? Not saying I want an invite, but still curious.

NxtChg

• Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2015, 05:29:03 pm »
Quote from: dadingsda
What´s up with simcoin? You said in april 2014 you ll need about 1 year (respectively 10 months). Ok, you also said "Nobody knows, really. We'll see. Just keep an eye on the progress." so nobody complains about the extra time you need. But it´s a childish antisocial behavior not to answer. You locked the thread (thanks smaragda...well done) and in the simcointhread you have a monologue rather than a dialogue.

I don't see the point of answering "are we there yet?" questions. When there's something to say I post it here without delay, no need to keep asking.

Few people realize how hard this project actually is. I am a developer and still I severely underestimated the difficulties of building a decentralized financial system, which also aims to be THE fastest solution available.

But I will not follow in Crypti's footsteps and compromise my original vision and turn Simcoin into something else by using somebody's existing design, just so investors could quickly dump their coins on the next in line and get their money back. No.

We're all gonna see the saga through.

dzarmush

• Jr. Minion
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2015, 09:23:01 pm »
Don't be mad at us )

It's just that it's way easier to wait when you know how long it's gonna take. Let's say you think you can finish Sim by Dec 31. Just write it somewhere, so people could keep calm and don't check the forum every other day. In this case some of us will be back in the end of December to check how things are going. If they see a new date, like March 1 they just close a tab and get back by Spring.

NxtChg

• Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2015, 09:56:40 pm »
I am not mad, if anything I am grateful you, guys, are so patient :)

The thing with estimates is - they will most certainly be broken, and several times.

So it's dishonest for me to name any particular date, knowing full well that it will probably be wrong.

dzarmush

• Jr. Minion
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2015, 10:16:25 pm »
+2
Any date only means: "if you're waiting for the release - there's no need to come back before this date". Most of us have a lot of things to think about (what percent of them is meaningful is another question) and it makes life a little bit more complicated when Sim is one of those things. You don't have any particular date so you keep thinking about it and open the forum once in a while. If you have the date it helps to clean brain from thoughts about Sim because you know that it won't be released until some date. If you come back at this date and see a new one you just remember the new date and forget about it for a few more weeks or months.

Now it's like:
- Hey kids, you're getting Oculus Rift but the timing is uncertain and don't ask me when you're getting it because I don't know yet.
- Tell us at least for how long we shouldn't be bothering you because there's 100% you won't have it by then.

NxtChg

• Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2015, 10:23:26 pm »
Hm, that makes sense. It's like lying in reverse - if I mistakenly set the date too far in the future you will only be pleasantly surprised.

Ok, let me think about that date :)

Titulaer

• Jr. Minion
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2015, 10:08:05 am »
If you have the date it helps to clean brain from thoughts about Sim because you know that it won't be released until some date.

Indeed, well said.

I think people don't like the uncertainty. It is still money they invested and without anything steady to hold on to, like an end date or regular updates, they will eventually lose hope that their decision to invest was a wise one. And this will probably cause people to walk away, after getting mad because they feel it is your fault that they are in that position (while in reality of course it is their own fault, because it was them who took the chance).

Strangely, you can take much of the uncertainty away by giving people something small to hold on to. Even if it is a date which is based on a wild guess. It makes it easier to justify your own decision with it and then suddenly it doesn't make sense anymore to do something rigorous before that date. Lets exploit the fact that we are not pure rational beings. :)

Because it is almost impossible to know when it is really finished, maybe you could try to figure out a date at which you are pretty certain it won't be finished before that. If it is not finished at that date, it doesn't really matter because you didn't state it would be. To keep the minions happy you could post a small evaluation with the reason why it is not finished and set the next date (just don't do it too often). Of course people will still be disappointed, but as long you take the uncertainty away again their hopes and dreams will hopefully remain intact.

NxtChg

• Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2015, 10:16:07 am »
Ok, the very first "not finished" date would be Aug 26th :)

I need to take care of my residency permit here and it requires a lot of things to be done.

After that I will reevaluate where I am at, and post a new date.

NxtChg

• Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2015, 08:47:53 pm »
About that "not finished" date (NFD), I will have to move it a week or so, because I couldn't get the residency permit: damn bureaucrats want to count my money and make sure I have a place to live and won't occupy valuable space near the dumpster.

Meanwhile I might try to finish Project A, so CryptoPlay investors won't feel cheated. There's not that much work left to do. And since I still hold the majority of shares we can arrange some sort of compensation for Simcoin investors if it takes off.

Thanks for your patience, minions.
That would be all.

NxtChg

• Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2015, 10:04:08 am »
Finally all papers for my residency permit were accepted, so I don't expect any more problems with it.

As I mentioned earlier, I would like to finish CryptoPlay's project A before focusing 100% on Simcoin again.

It moves a bit slower than expected, particularly because I got sucked into this whole Bitcoin split mess: when the forces of light and dark are fighting so close to home it's hard to stay on the sidelines :)

But some of the work will be useful for Simcoin too, for example we will also need our own threat model, so any time spent trying to develop useful methodology will be good for Simcoin as well.

So for the next 1-2 weeks I plan to focus on finishing Project A and release it to beta-testing.

After that I will try hard to stay offline, turn off my phone, maybe stop showering and really push Simcoin :)

We'll see how it goes, but that's the plan so far.