Follow @nxtchg

Author Topic: McAfee about Bitcoin  (Read 459 times)

NxtChg

• Overlord
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
McAfee about Bitcoin
« on: December 31, 2015, 11:54:48 am »
http://beinglibertarian.com/2015/12/30/john-mcafee-america-created-isis-says-bitcoin-will-be-replaced/

"Here’s the problem with Bitcoin; it’s just like any emerging technology. The technology here isn’t Bitcoin, it’s digital currency. And with any emerging technology, the first few attempts are gonna have some problems.

Now, you cannot deny that hundreds of millions of dollars have disappeared for various reasons with Bitcoin users. It is number one, too complex for the average individual. The blockcoin mining of coins is becoming increasingly expensive. We will definitely have an electronic currency, and one very soon. Whether it will be Bitcoin or not, I cannot say, and neither can you.

I’ve been around 70 years and I’ve seen technologies rise and fall, and it appears to me that Bitcoin will be replaced by something else. What it is, I don’t know. But I promise you, we will have an electronic currency. And we have to have an electronic currency, for our own privacy if nothing else. When that happens, there will be an economic revolution throughout the world, a financial revolution. The Fed will disappear, it will become totally irrelevant. What use is the Fed in a world of electronic currency where we each are our own bank?

We can talk forever about the intricate technical problems or lack of such. But from my personal opinion, I do not think the electronic currency will be Bitcoin. I’m close friends with Ron Pierce, he’s one of  the biggest enthusiasts of Bitcoin. Honestly, in private conversations with Ron, we get the same thing.

There will be an electronic currency, that I promise you. And if it’s Bitcoin, great. I just don’t think it will be."
Tentacle Overlord, The Deranged Genius of The Abyss

wizzardTim

• Jr. Minion
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
Re: McAfee about Bitcoin
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 12:23:28 pm »
http://beinglibertarian.com/2015/12/30/john-mcafee-america-created-isis-says-bitcoin-will-be-replaced/

".....
We will definitely have an electronic currency, and one very soon. Whether it will be Bitcoin or not, I cannot say, and neither can you.
But I promise you, we will have an electronic currency. And we have to have an electronic currency, for our own privacy if nothing else. When that happens, there will be an economic revolution throughout the world, a financial revolution
There will be an electronic currency, that I promise you. And if it’s Bitcoin, great. I just don’t think it will be."

He sounds pretty sure that there will be an economic currency, is he aware of a plan of some sort?

This one-worldwide-currency reminds me of conspiracy theories (one currency/one religion/one mysterious hand above us presented as a saviour), where privacy and personal freedom are not guaranteed at all, but sacrificed for security and feel of safety.

Which worldwide government would like an anonymous currency? I guess none.. they just want to have more and more control of our lives. And of course it will all be done in the name of love&freedom  :P

Unless if people start using one e-currency because it feels better to them (respects privacy, it's secure and fast etc) and are not enforced to do it without their will. Will it be SIM? I guess it may.  :)