Follow @nxtchg

Author Topic: NXT  (Read 441 times)

NxtChg

• Overlord
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
NXT
« on: April 03, 2016, 08:53:07 pm »
Just checked the price of NXT - wow, the last time I was selling it was an order of magnitude higher!

What a sad story...
Tentacle Overlord, The Deranged Genius of The Abyss

NxtChg

• Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: NXT
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 08:21:22 am »
What the hell is wrong with NXT? By now it seems like such an advanced platform: "Asset Exchange, Monetary System, Aliases, Messaging, Digital Goods Store, Voting System, Shuffling, Data Cloud, Phasing, Account Control, Account Properties"...

The client looks awesome. Surely it should be in the top 10 cryptos at least, instead it's #90 (!) and Ardor is #49.

Anyone is still paying attention to what's going on there? Any ideas why it's such a miserable failure?

Titulaer

• Jr. Minion
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 07:47:07 am »
Anyone is still paying attention to what's going on there? Any ideas why it's such a miserable failure?

It seems like Nxt is superseded by Ardor and its first child chain Ignis. Jelurida's roadmap says "From Nxt to Ardor, Blockchain History in the making": https://www.jelurida.com/ardor-roadmap. Ardor was launched this year on the first of January and their team only consists of four people, so give it some time.

Nxt will probably slowly die like Crypti did after Lisk was launched.

NxtChg

• Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 08:17:07 am »
So what's the reason for failure? Lack of developers? The platform itself seems to be pretty advanced by now.

Even if Ardor will be better, why NXT is so underused? And why do they care about scaling and side-chains if there's virtually no activity?

Weird, I can't figure it out. The price never took off, very little adoption. Somebody should write a detailed post mortem for NXT...

Titulaer

• Jr. Minion
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 01:09:51 pm »
Somebody should write a detailed post mortem for NXT...

A bit off topic, but when are you going to write a detailed post mortem for Simcoin?

NxtChg

• Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 04:18:52 pm »
+1
Simcoin is not dead yet, quite the contrary :)

There is no way I'm gonna throw away more than 3 years of my life...